ACTIVITIES OF NORTH EAST VISION
North East Vision has successfully completed various society oriented works in different sectors in the financial years 2011-12, 2012-13 & 2013-14. The respectice sectors are as follows...
- 1. Free medical camp : The organization had conducted several free medical camps in different parts of its working areas like Diphalu, Gatonga, Chalchali, Rangagora and many other rural areas. An eye screening camp was organized in association with the Lions’ Club of Nowgong and Joint Director of Medical, Nagaon, Assam at Kelyving Tea Estate, Nagaon in December 2011 & February, 2012. The participants and patients got highly benefited from those programmes.
- 2. AIDS awareness programme : An AIDS awareness programme was organized at Majpathari with its own resources and experts in June 2012. The objective of the programme was to aware the people about the subject like HIV and AIDS. More than 100 youths attended the programme and they were very much curious to know about the issues and got thoroughly benefited from it. Dr. P.K. Sarma, senior doctor of Nagaon attended the camp. Udit Bhanu Barthakur, Vice President of North East Vision ended the programme with the vote of thanks.
Socio Economic sector
1. Skill development and employment generation
- b. Scientific management of dairy and broiler firm : A training programme was initiated on scientific management of dairy & broiler firm among the broiler firm owners in association with Surujmukhi poultry firm, Amoni, Nagaon. Around 50 participants from Chakitup, Bhumurguri, Amoni, Salna, Garumora, Gariagaon attended the training. Dr. Sachindra Barthakur, former Head of the Department Anatomy & Histology, College of Veterineary Science, Khanapara, Guwahati & Dr. Suruj Saikia of Hentake were the resource persons
- c. Programme on women empowerment : A day long training programme was organized among the women from rural areas about the role of women in Panchyati Raj institution at Dakhinpat HS School on Feb ruary, 2012. 45 women from different ares attended the same . Mrs. Parinita Sarmah, Advocate Nagaon Session Court trained the women
- d. Relief goods to flood affected people : North East Vision has visited various flood affected people in 2012 and 2013 in different parts of Assam such as Nagaon, Morigaon, Kamru, Tezpur districts and distributed many artefacts like cloths, soap, medicines, food items, blankets, baby food, mosquito nets and all that to the needy people. The entire expenses was done by organization’ own fund and well wishers donations.
- Tree plantation : A tree plantation programme was undertaken on 5th June, 2012 on the occasion of the World Environment Day at Kachalukuuwa Durga temple, Nagaon premises to aware people about the importance of trees to save our ecology. Tree plantation was done by several distinguished personalities like Mr. Alok Goswami and Mr. Ganga Ballav Goswami, senior advocates of Nagaon Session court. Ten trees were planted as a part of Project Green Nagaon
- a. Workshop on Right to Education (RTE) : Training on Right to Education was conducted at Majpathari HS School in October, 2013 to aware the villagers about the Act. The programme was attended by more than 100 villagers and students. The resource persons were Mr. Anupam Sarma, District Project Officer, Sarva Shiksha Abhijan Mission, Nagaon, Assam and Dr. Sachindra Barthakur, Senior Advocate Nagaon Session Cort and Gauhati High Court
- b. Free coaching classes : A day long coaching programme was conducted at Chalchali HS School on “How to prepare for Matric examination” among the class X students of the area on 30th December, 2013 with assistance from Sarba Shiksha Abhijan Mission, Nagaon, Assam. The training was voluntarily done by Mr. Gunindra Chakrabarty, senior teacher Nagaon Govt. Boys’ Higher Secondary School and Nagaon Sardar block Cluster Resource Centre Co-ordinator (CRCC) Mrs. Poppy Sarma in which around 100 students got benefited
- c. Drawing competition and seminar on environment : NEV had conducted a drawing competition among the children of age group 4 to 15 on the occasion of the World Environment Day on 5th June, 2012 at Jyoti Art School, Nagaon in the premises of Urban Govt. High School, Nagaon, Assam. The competition was conducted under the auspices of Mr. Sujit Das, a World Record holding artist. 150 competitors participated in the same
Later in the afternoon, a seminar was held in Lions’ Club of Nowgong about “How to aware our common people about our surroundings and environment?” The meeting was chaired by Mr. Laru Gopal Sarmah, President of Lions’ Club, Nowgong. Miss Bhaswati Sarmah, Reseaarch Fellow of Dept. of Botany, Assam University, Silchar and Mr. Alberuni Golam Mohammad, Youth Congress Leader, Maldah, West Bengal were the dignitaries present
The organization has invited four foreign tourists from England and Scotland and provided them a complete tour of Assam in May, 2012. The visited the places like World Heritage Site Kaziranga National Park, Manas National Park, Majuli Island,the largest river island in the world, Tezpur, Borduwa in Nagaon and so on. However, the tourists namely Janet & Bryan Cupple and Jill & Jeffery Robinson had attended marriage ceremony all organized by North East Vision along with showing them the village life of Assam. All of them enjoyed the hospitality of the Assamese people thoroughly.
- Workshop on folk music : A workshop was organized on folk music in Bebejia, Nagaon.Mr. Ranjam Bezbaruah, a noted singer who has translated many traditional Assamese folk song to Sanskrit and had sung them by himself trained the participants. The participants had got benefited from it and got a clear knowledge about the richness of folk music and folk culture.